- All contests are open to writers, worldwide. Each contest is judged blind.
- All submissions must be written in English (no translations).
- The Tishman Review must be a potential first publication for all works submitted. Please do not send us previously published works, or works accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but you must withdraw the work immediately if accepted elsewhere.
- Please only include a cover letter in the Comments Section area on Submittable. In the cover letter, please identify your work with title(s), corresponding page numbers (for poetry) or word count (for prose), and include a short bio of no more than 50 words.
- Please make sure you submit your entry under the proper contest entry tab on our Submittable page. All entries received in the general submission boxes will be treated as such and NOT a contest submission.
- All entries must be received via Submittable.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Any submission that violates contest guidelines will automatically be disqualified.
- First place wins $500 and publication.
- All submissions will be considered for possible publication.
- The Tishman Review buys First Electronic Publication Rights and Non-Exclusive Print on Demand rights.
- Your contest entry grants you a complimentary e-book of TTR. This e-book is delivered through Mail Chimp. By entering the contest you are giving us permission to send through Mail Chimp your e-book. If you do not wish to receive this complimentary e-book please email us to cancel: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
The Tillie Olsen Short Story Award
Tillie Olsen was an award-winning short story writer and deeply-committed social activist. The Tishman Review is looking for the best story that captures the spirit of not only the writing of Tillie Olsen but her work to make our world a better place.
- Your story must contain no more than 5,000 words in standard manuscript format, paginated and with word count on the first page. You may submit as many stories as you wish, but each story must be submitted separately, each with a $15 fee.
- Entries will be welcome from April 1st to May 30th of 2019.
- Our judge for this contest will be announced in March of each fiction contest year.
- Winner will be announced by October 30th and published in our autumn issue.
- FInal Judge for the Tillie Olsen Short Story Award is the author Valerie Fioravanti. Read more.